Fried Eggplant is Vegetarian Food
This menu is vegetarian food and famous is Chinese food. You can cooking at home very easy.
Ingredients for vegan:- 750 grams (1.65 lb) eggplants
- 25 grams (5/6 oz) red chili
- 500 grams (1 cup) salad oil (only 1/5 to be consumed)
- 10 grams (2 tsp) mixture of cornstarch and water
- 50 grams (2 2/3 tbsp) soy sauce
- 2 grams (1/2) MSG
- 1/2 gram (1/12 tsp) salt
- 2 grams (1/15 oz) scallions
- 2 grams (1/15 oz) ginger
- 2 grams (1/15 oz) garlic
- 100 grams (6 tbsp) water
- 5 grams (1 tsp) cooking wine
- 2 1/2 grams (1/2 tsp) soy bean paste
- 10 grams (2 tsp) sesame oil
- 15 grams (1 tbsp) vinegar
Directions:1. Cut the eggplant into sections 3 cm (1.2 inches) wide and 5 cm (2 inches) long (or alternatively into small cubes).
2. Remove the seeds and cut the red chili into shreds. Chop the scallions, ginger and garlic.
3. Heat the salad oil until it reaches 110-135:C (230-275:F). Deep-dry the eggplant until it changes color. Take out and drain off the oil.
4. Keep 50 g (3 1/2 tbsp) of oil in the wok, throw in the scallions, ginger, garlic, red chili, soy bean paste, cooking wine, soy sauce, water, and sugar. Add the fried eggplant and simmer on low fire for 3 minutes. Turn up to a strong fire to boil off some of soup. Add the MSG, vinegar and mixture of cornstarch and water. Sprinkle on the sesame oil and stir. Put on a plate and serve.
Features: The eggplant is crispy outside and soft inside. Thickly flavored.
Taste: Slightly spice, salty and delicious.
[Source from; www.china.org.cn]