Tofu-Cheese Soufflé; Vegertarian Food
This menu for vegetarian, it’s easy for cook and delicious. That is good idea for Vegan.
Ingredients- 3 slices of whole-wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces tofu, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 6 ounces (sharp cheddar) cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion or 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/4 cups milk (soy or dairy)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or 2 tablespoons red miso
- Dash of pepper
Method1. Butter the bread and tear each slice into 4 or 5 pieces.
2. Coat a casserole lightly with butter, then layer bread, tofu, cheese, and onion, repeating the layers until all ingredients are used.
3. Combine milk, eggs, salt or miso, and pepper, and pour into the casserole; allow to stand for 1 to 2 hours.
4. Bake casserole in a pan of water for 45 minutes in a preheated 350' oven.
Makes for 4 servings
[source ; www.innerself.com]