The Vegan Society
Founded in 1944, The Vegan society provides advice on a way of life free from animal products for the benefit of
• People – UK dietary calories from animal product have fallen 25% in 25years as millions of people attempt to follow Government advice and adopt a healthier more plant rich diet.
• Animals – Concern about factory farming and animal welfare has never been greater.
• The environment – Western food choices have a major impact on the natural environment and the developing world.
The UK has
• 3 million vegans and vegetarians including thousands of Hindus.
• A further 3 million people with problems digesting milk.
• Millions more who avoid particular animal products for ethical, health or religious reasons.
The Vegan Society supports all who wish to replace or reduce animal products in their diet and provides expert advice to
• the media
• doctors, dietitians, caterers and food producers
• authorities dealing with food labeling, additives, school meals and meals and other public health issues
The Society is relied on for
• the authoritative nutrition manual, Plant Based Nutrition and Health
• the regularly updated Animal Free Shopper
• the trusted Sunflower trademark on animal products
Free information pack from The Vegan Society
7 Battle Road, St.Leonards on Sea, East Sussex TN377AA
Tel 0845 458 8244