Yen Ta Fo J (Vegetarian Rice Noodles in Red Soup)
Yen Ta Fo has its roots among the Chinese immigrants. Yen Ta Fo is Thai Seafood noodle famous in Thailand. This menu is easy for cooking.
Ingredients:- 1/2 lb. rice noodles
- 1 1/2 cup boiled water
- 5 slices of fried tofu
- 1 tbs. morning glory, cut into 2 inch long pieces, boiled.
- 1 tsp. salted soybean paste
- 2 tsp. light soya sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. vinegar or lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. ground peppercorn
- 1tbs. vegetable oil
Preparation:1. Soak the rice noodles in warm water until tender. Boil for 3-5 minutes. Then, remove. Put vegetable oil over the noodles, and quickly stir so that the noodles will not stick together.
2. In a pot, boil tofu in the water. Then season with salted soybean paste, light soya sauce and sugar.
3. When serving, place the noodles in a serving dish and pour the soup over it. Season with light soya sauce, sugar, chilli powder, and vinegar as desired.