Glutinous Rice Ball in Ginger Syrup is Called Bua Loi Nam King
Glutinous Rice Ball in Ginger Syrup or Bua Loi Nam King is Chinese Vegetarian Dessert. This menu for vegetarian and most famous of China, it’s easy for cooking and delicious. And then use in period Kin Jay festival. That is good idea for Vegan.
Ingredients for vegan version;- 3 cups of glutinous rice flour
- 1-2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 cups water for making ginger syrup
- 3 pieces old ginger
- 2 1/2 cups roasted and pounded black sesame
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
Instruction;1. To make ginger syrup boil 1-2 cup of water with 3 pieces of old ginger till spicy taste then add two kinds of sugar.
2. To make the dough, knead glutinous rice flour with water till soft.
3. To make sesame filling, mix black sesame, sugar and sesame oil together. If dry, add some water.
4. Roll the dough into 1/2 ball. Forming a cavity and fill with sesame. Seal tightly.
5. Then boil the balls until they float. Remove to cool water serve hot with ginger syrup.