Eggplant and Potato Curry is Indian Vegetarian Food
Eggplant and Potato Curry called in India is Vagan Bateta nu Shak. Eggplants also called Vagan in Gujarat give a soft touch to potatoes also called Bateta in Gujarat.
This menu is Indian vegetarian recipes for vegetarian and most famous of India, it’s easy for cooking and delicious. It has for sale in Indian restaurant. And then use in period Kin Jay festival. That is good idea for Vegan.
Ingredients use vegan versions:- 4 medium eggplants sliced
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) each of red chilli, turmeric, coriander and cumin powders
- 1 teaspoon(s) hot spice mix (garam masala) powder (optional)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups water
- sugar and salt to taste
- finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish
Method;1. Heat oil in a pan. Add the tomatoes,spices and little sugar. Fry on medium heat for 3 minute(s) till the tomatoes are soft.
2. Add potatoes and eggplants. Fry again for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the water and cook covered on medium / low heat for 4 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked.
4. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves before serving.
Have a nice to eatting Vagan Bateta nu Shak for yourself.Serve hot with: Sprouted Field Beans Pulav (Vaal ni Dal no Pulav), white rice, or Indian bread (Roti).
Serves for: 4
Cooking time (approx.): 12 minutes
Style: Indian Vegetarian (Gujarati)