Congee with Mushroom is Jok Het Horm for Vegan
Congee with mushroom is Chinese Vegetarian Food. It's normally cooked for a very long time so that the rice becomes mushy. This menu for vegetarian and most famous of China, it’s easy for cooking and delicious. And then use in period Kin Jay festival. That is good idea for Vegan.
Ingredients for vegan version;- 150 gms Rice
- 4 Shitake Mushrooms
- 1 tofu
- 500 ml Water
- 1 Vegetable stock cube for Vegetarian
- Chopped Coriander Leaves (Optional)
- Chopped Ginger Root (Optional)
- Fried Garlic (Optional)
Preparation;1. Soak the shitake mushrooms in water for 10 minutes.
2. Boil the rice in the water until cooked. To make the smoother texture of Jok, run the cooked rice through a food processor, or hand blender for a minute.
3. Cook it for a second time on a low heat. Add the chicken stock cube and stir until it is dissolved. If the mixture dries out, add a little more water.
4. Slice the mushrooms and tofu, add to the rice soup and cook for 5 minutes longer.
5. When the soup is served, garnish it with chopped coriander, thin slices of ginger root, and fried garlic.