Thai Vegetarian Soup
Thai Vegetarian Soup is menu for vegetarian and most famous of Thailand, it’s easy for cooking and delicious. And then use in period Kin Jay festival. That is good idea for Vegan.
Ingredients for vegan version;- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 fresh ginger root
- 3 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 pound broccoli, cut into small chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into small chunks
- 1 quart vegetarian 'chicken' broth
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- Shredded fresh Thai basil
Method;1. Heat the oil in a wok or saucepan, and fry the garlic until it starts to brown (to make a spicy version of this dish, start by frying one tablespoon Thai chile paste with garlic and sweet basil in the oil instead of garlic).
2. Stir-fry broccoli and carrots until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside.
3. Fry the ginger, scallons, and lemongrass for a few minutes, then add the mushrooms and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Add the broth, red curry paste, salt, and black pepper.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and carrots. Heat briefly.