Vegetarian Fried Tofu with Garlic and Black Pepper
Vegetarian Fried Tofu with Garlic and Black Pepper is called Dofu Gratium Prik Thai. This menu is Thai food for vegetarian. Vegetarian Fried Tofu with Garlic and Black Pepper is basic food most famous of Thailand, it’s easy for cooking and delicious. And then use in period Kin Jay festival. That is good idea for Vegan.
Ingredients for vegan food;- 3 cloves garlic, smash gently with the side of a knife or cleaver to peel
- 2-3 shallots, peeled
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 tblsp Thai soy sauce (Dragonfly brand) or Golden Mt. Seasoning sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 tblsp canola oil
- 8 oz firm tofu, cut in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 4 triangles(8 altogether)
- Garnish: Cucumber slices, coriander leaves, tomatoes
Preparation;1. In a mortar and pestle or electric coffee grinder (used only for spices, etc) pound or grind together garlic, shallots, and peppercorns to make a paste.
2. Remove to a small bowl. Add soy sauce and sugar and stir.
3. Lay the tofu on a flat dish, cover with the mixture and allow to marinate 30 minutes or overnight.
4. Heat the oil in a skillet or wok, over medium heat, until hot, but do not allow to burn. Fry the tofu until golden brown. Turn on each side to brown evenly (including the cut edges). Drain and place on a serving dish. Garnish if desired.