Vegetarian Pho Bo is Vietnamese Noodle Soup
Vegetarian Pho Bo is menu for vegetarian food and most famous of Vietnam. It’s easy for cooking. That is good idea for Vegan.
Ingredients vegan version;- 8 cups Vietnamese style broth (see recipe that follows)
- 1 pound rice noodles
- One 8-ounce package seitan, drained
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage (such as Napa cabbage)
- 1/2 cup tender greens, torn into bite-sized piecescup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (both green and white parts)
- 3 Tablespoons chopped, roasted, unsalted peanuts (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 3 fresh red or green chili peppers, seeded and cut into fine rounds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Directions;1. Make the broth as directed. When broth has been simmering for about 10 minutes, soak the noodles as follows. Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in a large pot. Remove from heat, add noodles, and let soak around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until noodles are pliable and easily separated.
2. Drain the noodles and divide them among six bowls. Simmer the seitan in the broth until heated through, about 4 minutes. Remove the seitan with a slotted spoon and slice thinly into six portions. Add to noodles.
3. Assemble the soup by placing the bean sprouts, cabbage, greens, basil, cilantro, scallions, and optional peanuts on top of the noodles and seitan. Ladle the hot broth onto the noodle mixture.
Serve with a plate of lime wedges, chili rounds, and salt and pepper for individual seasoning.Total calories per serving: 166
Fat: 1 gram
Carbohydrates: 32 grams
Protein: 8 grams
Sodium: 726 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram
Serve for; 6
[Source from; asiarecipe.com]