Tom Kha Hed (Mushroom in Coconut soup recipe)
Mushroom Coconut soup recipe in Thai called “Tom Kha Hed”; it is spicy with bird chili, hot with coconut soup and sour lemon flavored. For vegetarian we will use mushroom instead meat.
Ingredients:1 cup rice straw mushrooms
1 cup angel mushrooms
2 cups cabbage
3 lemongrass stems cut into 1 cm. parts
1/2 cup of galangal slices
4 kaffir lime leaves
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. salt
3 tbsp. lime juice
2 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 bush chopped coriander
3 bird chilies
6 cups of coconut milk
Preparation:- Clean and wash the mushrooms and cut in half.
- Wash cabbage and tomato and cut into bite sized chunks.
- Put the coconut milk in a pot over medium heat and bring to a boil, while stirring constantly.
- Add the galangal, lemongrass, torn kaffir leaves and continue boil for a minute.
- Add cabbage, mushrooms and tomato then put salt, sugar and the chili for seasoning. The taste can adjust as you want.
- Carry down the stove, ladle it to bowl and sprinkle with kaffir lime leaves and bird chili.
- Serve with warm Thai jasmine rice.
Enjoy your meal!!!!