Okra Fry (Bhindi Fry) is Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Okra Fry called in India is Bhindi Fry. This menu is Indian vegetarian recipes for vegetarian and most famous of India, it’s easy for cooking and delicious. It has for sale in Indian restaurant. And then use in period Kin Jay festival. That is good idea for Vegan.
Ingredients use vegan versions:- 2 tablespoon(s) oil
- 4 big green chilies slit or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped ginger
- 4 medium onions finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 500 grams (about 20 oz.) okra washed, pat dried and sliced into fine strips lengthwise or cut into rings salt to taste
Method;1. Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and fry the green chillies and ginger briefly till the ginger turns brown. Add the onion slices and fry on medium heat for about 3 minute(s) or till the onions are just about transluscent (do not brown).
2. Add the turmeric powder and mix well. Mix in the finely sliced okra stirring gently and briefly on high heat till it is well coated with the oil and looks glossy. Mix in the salt, cover and cook on low for about 12 minutes or till the okra is tender and well cooked. Saute briefly and gently till the okra is well fried and starts sticking to the bottom of the pan.
TIP: It is very essential that the okra is completely dry before slicing. Water droplets tend to make it mushy.
Enjoy your cooking for Okra Fry Indian Vegetarian Food.Serve hot with: Green Peas Rice (Matar Pulav), white rice or Indian bread (Roti, Chapati).
Serves for: 4
Cooking time (approx.): 15 minutes
[Source from; www.syvum.com]