Son in Law Eggs is called Khai Look Koei, Thai Vegetarian Food
Son in Law Eggs or called in Thai “Khai Look Koei” is menu for vegetarian and most famous of Thailand local, it’s easy for cooking and delicious. And then use in period Kin Jay festival. That is good idea for Vegan.
This is a traditional Thai dish that can be interpreted in a humorous way, as male testicles in Thai are also referred to as eggs.
Ingredients for vegan version;- 10 eggs
- 10-12 whole dried chilies (fried in oil)
- cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons sliced shallots or purple onions
- 1/3 cup palm sugar
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tamarind concentrate mixed with 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil for cooking
Method;1. Hard-boil the eggs and let sit in cold water, then peel and set aside.
2. Put vegetable oil in wok and add the eggs and fry until the eggs turn golden brown around the outer surface.
3. Remove the eggs from oil. In the same oil, sauté shallots until brown and then set aside.
4. Then put palm sugar in the same oil together with the tamarind mixture and fish sauce. Let it simmer and stir constantly until it thickens.
5. Taste should be sour, salty and sweet. Turn off the burner.
6. Cut the eggs in half and place face-up on a dish. Spread shallots over the eggs. Pour liquid mixture over the eggs and garnish with cilantro and serve the chills in a separate dish.