Diet by Vegetarianism
Today many people especially women are interested in foods for health, vegetarian diet is one way for healthy and slim. The secret of good shape is vegetarian food. Here I have some useful information for you.
What is a vegetarian diet?The vegetarian diet is the pattern of eating includes plant-based diet; fruits, vegetables, legumes (dried beans and peas), grains, seeds and nuts. The lacto vegetarian’s diet includes daily products and lacto-ovo vegetarian also egg they can eat it. The last semi-vegetarians don't eat red meat but they can eat chicken and fish with plant foods, dairy products and eggs.
Is the vegetarian diet automatically the healthiest way to eat?Yes, a vegetarian diet is excellent for good health when you follow the general rules of a nutritionally-balanced diet and be sure you get the nutrients from vegetables that you miss by giving up animal foods. On the other hand, avoiding meat won't keep you healthy if instead you consume a lot of high- fat, nutrient-empty, junk foods. Vegetarians must also have an otherwise healthy lifestyle to harvest the full benefits of their plant eating. It does little good to eat a tomato and sprout sandwich on whole wheat bread if you also plant yourself on the couch in front of the TV set and smoke cigarettes several hours a day. The vegetarian who piles on the chips soaked in hydrogenated oil, along with high-fat cheese, and artificially-sweetened or highly-sugared beverages would be better off nutritionally if he had less of a sweet tooth, cut down on fat, and indulged in a little animal flesh.
What's so good about a vegetarian diet?Here are six reasons:
1. Vegetarian cuisine is naturally low in saturated fats, and foods of plant origin contain little or no cholesterol.
2. Plant foods are also much higher in fiber than animal foods.
3. Many plant foods contain significant amounts of vital B-vitamins, and folic acid: and fruits and vegetables are powerful sources of photochemical - nutrients that help every organ of the body work better.
4. Vegetarians tend to eat fewer calories, since grains, legumes, fruits, and vegetables, volume-for-volume, tend to be lower in calories than meat and poultry. Studies have shown that as long as their diet is balanced and nutritious, the people who consume fewer total daily calories live longer and healthier lives.
5. Veggie lovers believe that foods from plant sources, which are lower on the food chain, are safer than animal foods, since pollutants tend to concentrate in fatty tissues. While raw fruits and vegetables can carry harmful bacteria and pesticide residues just like meat, you can remove many of these pollutants by washing the plant foods. Trimming the fat from meat or chicken is less effective. Meat, poultry, and seafood are also more frequent carriers of food borne illnesses than plant sources.
6. Environmental conservationists believe that having more plant-based diets is healthier for the planet. It takes less energy and less farmland to feed a vegetarian than it does to feed livestock.
Source From: AskDrSears.com
Check here vegetaian foods Recipe