Thai Spring Roll Recipe - Vegetarian
This favorite vegetarian Thai recipes are Thai Spring Roll. This menu for Thai vegetarian food and most famous of Thailand, it’s easy for cooking and delicious. Moreover, it no fat. And then this Thai food use in period Kin Jay festival. That is good idea for Vegan.
Ingredients Spring Rolls for vegan:- 300 grams of spring roll sheets
- 25 grams glass noodles (also known as mung bean noodles)
- 3/4 cup mashed, boiled hulled mungbeans
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 tsp white ground pepper (Rocket brand)
- 1 cup bean sprouts, root tips removed
- 1 1/2 tbsp. light soy sauce(thin soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying the garlic
- 2 tbsp of paste made by mixing rice flour and water and then boiling to thicken
Vegetable oil for frying the spring rolls.
Preparation:1. Soak the noodles in water to soften them; then cut into short lengths and mix with thee mashed mung beans, cabbage, bean sprouts, pepper, and soy sauce.
2. Fry the garlic in the 1 tbsp of oil over low heat. When it yellows, add the noodle-mungbean mixture and stir fry until dry. Then remove from the pan and allow to cool.
3. Spread out a spring roll sheet, placing a heaping teaspoonful for filling in the middle, fold the ends over the filling to form a cylinder, and stick closed with a very small amount of flour paste.
4. Fry the spring rolls in the hot oil over low heat until crisp and golden brown, drain and serve with spring roll sauce, sweet basil (horapa), cucumbers and lettuce.
Spring Roll Sauce:- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 of a red spur chili, seeds removed and well pounded (fresh Thai chilie)
Preparation:- Mix together all ingredients.
[Source from; www.templeofthai.com]