Thai stir-fried pumpkin, "Pad Phuk Tong" is Vegetarian Food
Many people may not realize that pumpkin, or any seasonal gourd, is an ingredient in many Thai recipes. This recipe works best with good old American Halloween-style field pumpkin. Pad Phuk Tong, This menu is Thai food for vegetarian. It’s easy for cooking and delicious. And then use in period Kin Jay festival. That is good idea for Vegan.
Ingredients use for vegan;- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup tofu
- 1.5 cup bite-size pieces of peeled pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce can use vegetarian if you prefer
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Golden Mountain seasoning sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup 2 inch length green onion
Method;1. Heat the oil in a wok until very hot. Add garlic, stir-fry until golden brown.
2. Add tofu and sauté until cooked. Add pumpkin, stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce, seasoning sauce and sugar.
3. Stir together and cover for 3 minutes or until pumpkin is almost done.
4. Break the eggs into the wok and stir, add green onion, remove from heat.
5. Serve with fresh steamed jasmine rice.