Palak Paneer ; Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Palak Paneer is Spinach with Cottage Cheese. Palak Paneer made from Fresh spinach leaves blanched, pureed and then cooked with spices, deep fried cottage cheese cubes and cream. This menu is Indian vegetarian recipes for vegetarian and most famous of India, it’s easy for cooking and delicious. It has for sale in Indian restaurant. And then use in period Kin Jay festival. That is good idea for Vegan.
Ingredients use vegan versions:- 600 grams (about 24 oz.) tender spinach washed
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 2 cup(s) cottage cheese cubes
- 2 tablespoon(s) ghee (clarified butter) / butter / oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped ginger
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) cream
- lots of finely chopped fresh coriander to garnish
Method;1. Blanch the spinach in lots of boiling salted water for about 3 minutes. Refresh in chilled water. Squeeze out excess water gently and blend to a fine paste with the green chilies.
2. Deep fry the cottage cheese cubes in moderately hot oil till light golden in color. Drain on absorbent paper.
3. Heat the clarified butter / oil in a heavy-based pan. Add the cumin seeds and let them crackle. Add the garlic and ginger. Fry briefly till the raw smell goes away.
4. Add the chopped spinach puree, salt and mix well. Add water if required to get a gravy of desired consistency and bring to a boil. Add the deep fried cottage cheese cubes and stir to mix gently. Mix in the lemon juice. Simmer for about 4 minutes. Put off the heat and mix in the cream.
5. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander.
Serves for: 4
Cooking time (approx.): 7 minutes
Style: North Indian Vegetarian
Serve hot with: white rice or Indian bread (Roti, Chapati, Pooris).